NDIS Aboriginal Health Worker
Find a list of NDIS Aboriginal Health Worker . There are currently some Aboriginal Health Worker providers offering a range of services.
The NDIS includes a special initiative for Aboriginal Australians with disability called the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Engagement Strategy. The goal of the strategy is to make it easier for people in Aboriginal communities to access NDIS funding for the care they receive.
Empowering Aboriginal health workers is an important aspect of the NDIS. It ensures that critical supports can be delivered in a respectful, effective, and culturally sensitive way. Through this engagement, the government aims to “listen, learn, build, and deliver.”
Support for Aboriginals with disability revolves around a set of key ideas:
- Country, culture, and community
- Human rights
- Availability of mainstream as well as specialist disability services
- Universal consideration of disability
- Meaningful and “proper” engagement
- Improved research and data collection regarding Aboriginals with disability